How do I know which product is best for my use case?
ExactMats® Home & Office offers offers customization to create variety of products for a multitude of uses, including shelf, cabinet, and drawer liners, as well as desk, table, and flooring protection, to name a few. Because there are so many uses for our product, it's important to understand which product is going to be best for your particular use case.
The major considerations for selecting the right material are pretty simple:
1) Where will you be using it?
2) How will you be using it?
3) How do you want it to look?
In general, we suggest using the following guidelines and comparison charts in making your selection:
Crystal™️ - Most popular (for non-glossy surfaces) when a fully transparent, glass-like appearance is desired.
Crystal™ is ultra clear, looks like glass, and is very durable. It comes in multiple thicknesses, including our most popular thicknesses, 40 mil and 80 mil (both varieties are designed for use on non-glossy surfaces).
- Our 40Mil (1mm) product is recommended exclusively for use as shelf, cabinet, and drawer liners. It weighs about a quarter of a pound per square foot, so it is stable, tearproof, and creates a strong protective barrier.
- Our 60Mil Crystal (1.5mm) material is also ultra clear, looks like glass, and is more durable than our 40Mil option. It weighs about 0.38 lbs/sf and is stable and tearproof like our 80Mil material. This thickness is also perfect for drawer and cabinet liner applications, as well as desks, flooring, and more, is best on non-glossy surfaces.
- Our 80Mil (2mm) product is recommended for a variety of use cases, including shelf, cabinet, and drawer liners, table covers, floor protection, and so much more. This is our thickest, strongest, and most durable option. It weighs about a half a pound per square foot. Just like our 40 mil option, our 80 mil products have excellent clarity and is best used on non-glossy surfaces.
Note: We do not recommend using this product on varnished, polished, or generally mid to high-gloss/shine surfaces (painted or otherwise) such as metal, glass, plastic, etc. Instead, we recommend taking a look at our other available double-sided finish choices.
Note: Crystal™️ formulations and tints may vary slightly.
Riverstone™️ - Most popular when a texture or a reversible finish is desired and is available for both hard surfaces and low-pile carpeting.
Riverstone™ is a robust 80 mil (2mm) thick and weighs about half a pound per square foot. It's recommended for a variety of use cases, including shelf, cabinet, and drawer liners, table covers, floor protection, and so much more.
We offer 2 Riverstone varieties: one for hard surfaces, and one for low-pile carpeted spaces.
- Riverstone - For Hard Surfaces: Our standard Riverstone option is made for use on hard surfaces, such as shelves, drawers, desks, tables, and hard flooring.
Unlike Crystal, Riverstone can be used on nearly any flat surface, glossy or not. This is because it is has the benefit of being dual-textured and as such, is reversible - one side is textured and clear and the other side is smooth and clear (like Crystal). Because of this texture, Riverstone also does a great job camouflaging existing surface damage, making it a fantastic option for any surface. It's microgrooved texture also improves airflow, allowing slightly moist items to dry faster, such as those recently removed from the dishwasher.
- Riverstone With Carpet Grippers (Cleated) - For Low-Pile Carpeting: Our Riverstone for carpeted flooring, which has the exact same texture as our standard Riverstone, is made specifically for use on low-pile carpeting and includes low-profile/high-impact carpet gripping spikes (cleats) for added grip. This product is ideal for high-traffic, carpeted spaces such as hall runners, under gym equipment, and so much more!
Note: Riverstone™️ formulations and tints may vary slightly.
Need help selecting the best product for your use case?
No problem! Our stellar Support Team is here to assist.
Contact us via email, phone, or chat: Support@ExactMats.com / 1-888-395-6004 / www.exactmats.com